Perini Navi Sailing Yachts
Perini Navi was founded in 1983. Thanks to an ingenious intuition of its founder, Fabio Perini, this new naval design company created a revolutionary sail handling system that allowed just one person to handle the sails of large-sized sailing yachts.
This innovation should be considered as twofold as it revolutionised both technology and design. From the technological viewpoint, Fabio Perini’s invention of the captive reel winch, an automatic reel system guided by electronically controlled electric motors, allowed for safe and sure handling of the huge sail areas required on large yachts. From the design viewpoint Fabio Perini introduced new aesthetic and architectural elements to sailing yachts that allowed for greater space and comfort onboard compared with other yachts produced at the time.
Perini Navi owes its success and fame to the quality of construction of its yachts, to the perfection of their interiors and to their comfort and safety under sail. All of these combined have given life to a new generation of sailing yachts.
Through the years the need to increase production capacity, to build a larger number of yachts and expand the product line has resulted in the acquisition of new shipyards: not only Viareggio, but also La Spezia and Yildiz, Turkey. In addition, Perini Navi USA in Newport, Rhode Island offers an important commercial structure for services such as chartering and brokerage for those wishing to hire, buy or sell new or used Perini Navi yachts.
Perini Navi is operative in four market sectors: large sailing yachts from 40 to 60 meters (their core business,) large sailing yachts over 60 meters and custom projects (such as The Maltese Falcon), The Racing Line of sailing yachts, and finally the Fast Cruising Line of sailing yachts.
Since its foundation in 1983, Perini Navi has launched 51 sailing yachts and has several others in production. Perini Navi has more than 50% share in the market of sailing yachts over 45mt.
All of the sail handling systems are developed and constructed in the shipyard, as are the masts and the rigging. Exclusive Perini Navi software is installed on board and monitors their yachts while under sail automatically transmitting data to the construction office.
- 2010 Prix du Design
- 2010 Barca dell'Anno - Superyacht Section
- Asahi (formerly Riela) 2010 Robb Report - Best of the Best
- 2010 Boat International World Superyacht award BEST SAILING YACHT IN 45M + SIZE RANGE
- 2010 Show Boats Award - INTERIOR DESIGN AWARD S/Y
- 2009 Boat international world superyacht awards BEST SAILING YACHT IN 45M + SIZE RANGE
- 2008 Super Yacht society awards - Best yacht interior
- 2009 Boat international world superyacht awards BEST SAILING YACHT IN 30M TO 44M SIZE RANGE
- 2009 Boat international world superyacht awards BEST Exterior SAILING YACHT IN 30M TO 44M SIZE RANGE
- 2009 ShowBoats International Award for Best Sailing Yacht UNDER 45 METERS
- 2008 Show Boats Award - Best S/Y interior
- 2008 Boat International World Superyacht award - Best S/Y interior
- 2008 Show Boats Award - Best S/Y over 45m
- 2007 Prix du Design
- 2007 International Superyacht Society - Best Interior
- 2007 International Superyacht Society Best S/Y over 36 m
- 2007 Boat International World Superyacht Award - Best Sailing Yacht Interior
- 2007 Boat International World Superyacht Award - Sailing Yacht of the Year
- 2007 Boat International World Superyacht Award - Best Sailing Yacht 45m and above
- 2007 Showboats international Award - most innovative sailing yachts
- 2007 Showboats international Award - best sailing yacht over 40
- 2007 Showboats international Award - best sailing yacht interior
- 2007 Showboats international Award - highest technical achievement in a sailing yacht
- 2006 Vela e Motore - Superyacht dell'anno 2006
- 2006 Yacht Capital Bmw Award
- 2006 Showboats Award Bal De La Mer - Best Interior Design
- 2006 Boat International World Superyacht Awards - Superyacht of the year (sail), Best Interior Design Remi Tessier, Sailing yacht - 51m and above (World Superyacht Awards, Boat International)
- 2006 Boat International World Superyacht Awards - Best Interior Design Sailing yacht - 51m and above
- 2004 ShowBoats Award finalist of the Best Sailing Yacht over 40 meters
- 2002 International Superyacht Design Award "Best Sail" Interior
- 2001 International Superyacht Design Award Theits to Be One of the 6 Top Sailing Yachts over 36 meters
- 2000 The Superyacht Society Design Award - Best Sailing Yacht Interior
- 1998 The Superyacht Society Design Award Best Sailing Yacht Interior
- 1995 International Superyacht Design Award Xasteria - Best Sailing Yacht Interior
- 1995 International Superyacht Design Award Xasteria - Best Sail
- 1998 Yacht Capital Award to PN for Becoming the Leading Producer of Megasailers in the USA (November 1st, 1998)